Just got back home from a weekend in Santa Barbara's wine country for the 2014 Wine Blogger's Conference... A lonnnng weekend of working (pouring at the St. Helena, CA's booth during the Wine Tourism reception on Friday night), laughing, eating, drinking (bubbles, wines, local beers, coffee and attempting to (and failing) to drink my gallon of water each day.
Other than work, this weekend was about friendships. Friends I made back in 2008 / 2009 wine blogging conference. Friends I haven't seen since. Friends I have only known online. New friends, and friends I see occasionally (yup, you Leilani.. you Wine Deviant you).
As I sit here, back at home with my family -- My husband, two dogs that I love more than I ever thought possible and my awesome kitty -- I have so many reasons to be happy. Here are some of my mid-july favorite things:
- Honey Stringers Energy Chews (like an Emergency-C in gummy form)
- Dry Shampoo (seriously, how did I go without this before)
- Firestone Walker 805 in cans
- Nubian Heritage Goat's Milk & Chai Hand Cream (a new client of mine, but the smell is amazing. You can find it at local health food shops).
- Berries at the farmer's market.