I came accross the "article" from Buzzfeed: 25 Things All Basic White Girls Do During The Fall naming cliches that are found on the Instagram accounts of basic white girls. I was conflicted thinking the list was funny, but it is also insulting since I have taken pictures of many of these fall cliches. My favorite season is fall, it has been my entire life (since I was born on the first day of fall), and I definitely do not consider myself basic.
I decided to do most of the things on this list, because.. I love a good challenge. I did modify it a bit to make sense for an Instagram photo challenge. Please share the list via Instagram and take part in the Fall Cliche Photo Challenge with me.. Of course, make sure to hashtag your photo with #FallCliche, and any other fall hashtags. :)
Here is the full list...
1. Get on that Pumpkin Spice Latte grind.
2. Filter the shit out of the trees as they change colors.
3. Buy some ~fall~ candles and burn them until the entire house smells like an autumn walk.
4. Take a picture with a pumpkin they spent all day searching for.
5. Buy anything that says the words “pumpkin spice” on it.
6. Wait in line to buy the newest iPhone.
7. Wear their fave’s football jersey.
8. Coordinate Halloween outfits with other basic white girls.
9. Express their excitement for the season with Photoshop.
10. Make cookies with their KitchenAid.
11. Crunch dead leaves in Ugg boots.
12. Wear a flannel to stay warm.
13. Take engagement photos.
14. Abuse the hashtag #thankful.
15. Apply and reapply seasonal lotion from Bath & Body Works.
17. Make sure everyone who comes over to their house knows that it is indeed fall.
18. Throw a pile of leaves in the air for the Instagram.
19. Look for new fall hair colors on Pinterest.
20. Complain how cold it is while wearing a North Face.
21. Stay out all night Black Friday shopping.
22. Instagram their new boots from Black Friday on top of fallen leaves.
23. Turn a Friday night into a jack-o’-lantern carving party.
24. Throw a festive Friendsgiving.
25. And wear an infinity scarf, take a selfie in it, and never take it off for the rest of the day.